Thursday, September 21, 2017

Eat Drink Read


Browsed my latest Keepers at Home and Victoria mags while enjoying my coffee and sourdough this morning...




And came across this quote in Victoria: "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
 Well...almost everything...



Reading Called to Be Amish, (another book in the Plainspoken series), and knitting fingerless gloves for Bec's shop...


And from Keepers at Home, this Poem by Amy Carmichael...


Love Travelling - Amy Carmichael

Love, travelling in the greatness of His strength,

Found me alone,

Wearied a little by the journey's length,

Though I had known,

All the long way, many a kindly air,

And flowers had blossomed for me everywhere.




And yet, Love found me fearful, and He stayed;

Love stayed by me.

"Let not thy heart be troubled or dismayed,

My child," said He.

Slipped from me then all troubles, all alarms;

For Love had gathered me into His arms.
 
****************

Off to 'dig in the dirt' (AKA gardening)
Hope you are having the bestest of days!!
 
xx

2 comments: