Saturday, July 1, 2017

winter weekend


On a cold frosty morning there is nothing like coffee, fruit sourdough and brie, and a book to browse...


I came across this yummy banana bread recipe in the book...
and as I have some over-ripe bananas, I guess some baking is in order



Have had my friend Debbie staying for a few days.  We talked, shopped, ate, knitted/crocheted, read and watched a movie...

that's my green vest...I am working on the neck band...


She left this morning for her drive home to the south of the state where she lives for 6 months of the year, the other 6 months in India.

So I've been catching up with a few home chores, but will have lunch soon and sit and read/knit for awhile before my afternoon walk.


These are the blanket squares I am knitting in my Mithral wool...



And I have finally found a book I can get into.  Really enjoying it, but then it is set in Scotland, so how could I not like it!!!

Robin Pilcher is the eldest son of Rosamunde Pilcher and I've also enjoyed her books in the past.  I am about halfway through, so will reserve my final judgement, but so far...so good...

 
Happy hyggling!!
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. How nice to have a friend visiting. Enjoy your coziness! The colors of the yarn are so ... hobbity looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobbiting away on my squares :) 6 finished...and counting! xx

      Delete