Thursday, December 29, 2016

After the rain

After a day of rain yesterday there was plenty of green on my walk early this morning...



 this is my favourite section of the walk




 the green, green grass of home

The waterbirds were out in force...





Then, later this morning, as I was feeling in need of a little retail therapy, I walked down to the Salvation Army op shop to pick up a few bargains...

A pretty summer skirt (which was half price), a ball of variegated yarn (minus the band), and 2 little old ink bottles (just because)...
 a grand total of $5.65



Which leads me on to Yarn Along...

I've been knitting more children's beanies for Ronald McDonald House.  They wanted cheerful colours.  What do you think...will these do?  As I use one strand of variegated and one of plain, I thought the yarn from the op shop would prove useful.

Still reading Candle in the Darkness from last week.  I'm enjoying it, and  despite the fact that it is partly a romance and I don't like romance novels, I am finding the interwoven facts of the antislavery movement and the 1861-1865 Civil War very interesting.

Also working my way through Quicksand which consists of vignettes of Mankell's thoughts and life.

Will leave you with this quote from Mankell...

"I am myself and no one else.  I am me."

I like the thought that I am unique, which, some might say, is just as well...
 
xx

2 comments: