Monday, October 3, 2016

Rainy Day Monday

The rain continues to fall, but I managed to get a walk in between showers.  Had to adjust my normal walk route due to flooding...

 won't be going this way...


 or this...


 picnic tables are under again...


 spillway has burst the bank...


and is almost over the road on the left...


It hasn't really been outside weather these last few days, so I've been cooking...

 more Cypriot Salad.  The recipe is on this post  HERE


 had some for lunch with dark rye bread and sardine...




Also made this yummy Danish Meatballs in Curry for dinner...
 care to join me?


Here's the recipe...
hope you can read it (click on it to bring it up larger)

It's from my Hygge book...
 a lovely little day time dip book


And because it's so wet outside (actually hailing at the moment!), I don't feel guilty that I lit the fire...crocheted...and watched an episode of The Waltons (in the middle of the day!!)...
 
Now that is definitely hyggelig :))
 
xx
 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful river that is - when it's behaving. ahem! :) You seem almost blase about it, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Sun is shining today, river level has dropped quite a bit and I was able to do my usually walk this morning. Still some muddy patches though.

    Better get out and mow those lawns :) xx

    ReplyDelete