Monday, April 25, 2016

Getting my hands dirty...


Since I've been back from Stanley, I've harvested the pumpkins...
 Still have the tomatoes to go


And spread some of the seaweed on the vegie beds for winter...
 

Still two bags of seaweed for the beds...
 and the pumpkins enjoying the sunshine
 

My friend Hazel (who I visited when in Stanley) gave me a spider plant.  Actually, it may have been the one I gave her when I moved to Deloraine, but she was happy to give it back (she had two more), so I've potted up some of the 'babies', and will bring them inside for winter...



Also potted up some hare's foot (or rabbit's foot) fern (davillia) that was growing in the shade house to bring inside...



The greengage plum tree is all but bare...



But there is still some colour in the garden from the violas (or are they pansies?)...


And primrose (I think that's what they are?)...


I know this is a rose...
 
 
 
And some of the shade house plants...


Which seem to be thriving despite my lack of garden expertise...


I'm thankful winter is on the way and I can get in some gardening book reading (and knitting!!)

With that in mind, I'm joining Ginny for a late Yarn Along, reading this book, and knitting this pattern...with variation...

 
No time to be bored! :))
 
xx

2 comments: