Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday Things

The blanket is finished...


And the vest is almost finished...
(one armband to go)



Browsing some old Victoria magazines...


Reading Brooklyn by Colm Toibin, which has recently been made into a film.  Picked it up at the op shop for $4.  Have not read any of his books previously, but am enjoying his quiet, calm style of writing.


Listening to Gregory Alan Isakov...

If you've not heard his music...do check him out (you can listen to excerpts on the link above).  He has a unique sound, and one that I could listen to over and over...

And the quote for today...

"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."
[Henry David Thoreau]
 
 
Linking in to Yarn Along...


Oh...and settlement on the new house (Min Hem) has been postponed till 7th March.  Disappointing, but the opportunity to de-clutter and downsize even more...

...keeping in mind this American Shaker quote...  "Man's possessions are his burdens"

...and this one...   “Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.” Corrie ten Boom


Ok...Ok...I'll stop :)))
 
xx





10 comments:

  1. Love your blanket, can't beat granny squares imo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn! Yes, I'm a great fan of the granny square. I enjoy mixing and matching colours and then seeing the sometimes surprising results :)) xx

      Delete
  2. Praying for your move soon! Lovely finish on the blanket and almost finish on the vest. As if I haven't enough going, I dragged out more yarn for a granny square blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - was supposed to get the keys to the new house today, but due to my son (who is buying half the house along with his sister) extending the settlement date, it is now the 7th March!!! Just as well I'm a patient person :). Gives me a bit more time to downsize and de-clutter some more! xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, all good quotes. :) You could be a knitting teacher; your work is so perfect looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - sometimes I get a bit carried away with the quotes :)). Thanks for your comments on my knitting skills, but it took me 3 goes to get the neck band right!! And the vest is now finished and I wore it on my morning walk today :) xx

      Delete
  4. Good progress on the vest - looks like it will be finished to move into the house...... wouldn't mind having a look in those Victoria mags, they look interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharm - The vest is finished and I have started another (different pattern)!

      Yes...the Victoria mags are nice. Not much writing, and quite a bit of advertising, but lovely photos/pictures! xx

      Delete
  5. I love the vest, a perfect colour and the blanket is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! Another vest is in the making :)) xx

      Delete