Sunday, August 12, 2012

from the sea to the mountains

I find I am not missing living by the sea at all...and who would with mountain views like these to take its place!

Yesterday it was such a lovely day I went for a walk to the edge of town to take a look in The 2nd Hand (furniture) Shed as I'm still looking for bits and pieces of furniture.

The following pictures are what I saw on the way there...


You can still see some snow right on the top of these mountains.  They are part of the Great Western Tiers a mountain range that runs down the middle of Tasmania.




I have a 'thing' about bare branched winter trees :o)





More winter trees!!




The high mountain you can see is Quamby Bluff.

14 comments:

  1. How amazingly beautiful, and literally right in your back yard.

    Hope you are doing well.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean :o)

      Received your letter...will get a reply to you soon. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Lynda...what beauty surrounds you :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria - yes, this is a beautiful area to live in. xx

      Delete
  3. I love the sea and I love mountains but mountains have always been my favorite. Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! I had 2 years by the sea and I did enjoy it, but I am very happy to be near the mountains now.

      I think mountains (and trees) are my favourite too! xx

      Delete
  4. How absolutely lovely! We seriously considered moving to Tas but we don't like the cold. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ganeida! I had 12 months in Brisbane with my daughter and grandson 3 years ago...and I cannot tolerate the heat!!

      They are here with me at the moment...and are freezing!! :o)

      Delete
  5. Hello Lynda,
    I've just discovered your lovely blog. Had a very quick browse through and I know I'm going to really enjoy your writings as I find a bit more time. You have a very serene face.
    I'm sure your new home will be a real blessing to you. We would love to visit Tasmania in our caravan one day.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gail! Nice to meet you!

    I'm afraid my post have been few and far between these last weeks, but I am about to put a new post on now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dylan says 'wow Nanna's got a long blog....I think we've got a bit of work to do on ours', we both think the mountains are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Dylan I'm waiting to see some more pictures on your blog :o) xx

      Delete