Monday, November 1, 2010

Knitting

This is the start of a scarf I am knitting for myself. After a bit of experimenting with different size needles, I decided to go with 10mm to knit up into a soft loose stitch. The yarn I am using is probably about 8-10 ply (Noro silk/kid mohair/lambs wool). I cast on 32 stitches (you can use any multiple of 4 stitches for the pattern) and each row is just: Knit 3 Purl 1 - can't get much easier than that!

It is much longer now, but I have put it aside to finish off another hat for our charity knitting day tomorrow.

The hat is the same as the other 2 in this picture. I've also done the little jacket, but need to get 2 buttons for it - I am hiding the buttonholes minus the buttons with the hat :o)

And the bear was actually a hand puppet pattern but I made it into a teddybear..clever aren't I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment